Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Kentucky State Board for Proprietary Education

Proprietary Education
Student Protection Fund

KRS 165A.450 requires all licensed schools, resident and non-resident, to contribute to a student protection fund, which will be used to pay off debts incurred due to the closing of a school.

If you were enrolled and attending a licensed school at the time of its closure, you may be entitled to a refund for fees incurred during that time.

To file a claim against the Student Protection Fund, please submit the following documents:

You must also submit a document(s) proving any of the following:

  • Proof of enrollment at the time of school closing (i.e., enrollment agreement, class schedule, etc.).
  • Proof of attendance at the time the school closed (i.e., dated course work, attendance record, etc.).
  • Proof of payment of tuition, books or fees (i.e., receipts, cancelled checks or student accounts).
  • Any other documentation to support your claim of enrollment, attendance or payment.

For further information concerning this process, contact the board office at 502-564-3296, ext. 228 or via email to: